Taking Care Of Your Refrigerator
- Clean off your compressor coils every two months. These coils, located at the bottom of the unit, are generally behind the grill in the front of your refrigerator. These coils are usually damp and can easily collect dust and grime. By taking the time to wipe off these coils, you decrease energy use and improve refrigeration quality.
- Clean the vents. These vents are located at the bottom of your fridge and allow air flow to come in and keep machinery cool. Make sure to keep these wiped down and free from blockages.
- Your fridge needs to be balanced to run correctly. If your fridge is not even, adjust the metal feet on the bottom to make sure it is stable. When your fridge is sitting evenly, it will have better cooling flow.
- Avoid placing your refrigerator next to the stove or in direct sunlight. The additional heat from these sources will make your unit work harder to keep it cool.
- Check your fuse box. Power surges can pop the breaker and cause the unit to shut down.
Get your fridge back in gear with help from the top appliance repair company in Las Vegas. We are happy to answer any questions you have. Take the first step to having your refrigerator working properly again by contacting us today!
Never Place These Items in A Dishwasher
Cast Iron: In almost every case, a run through the dishwasher will cause the cast iron to rust – even before the cycle is finished.
Lead Crystal: Crystal can be irreparably damaged in the dishwasher, an unfortunate loss for you.
Wooden Items: Cutlery, bowls, and cutting boards that have glue may break apart in the dishwasher because of the high water temperatures.
Plastic Ware: Make sure that any plastic ware you place in the dishwasher has been approved for dishwasher cleaning.
Antique China: The high temperatures and pressure from the water can cause antique china to craze and fade.